December 21st, 2016 — 9:57am
Just in time for a little holiday vacation, today brings a few more product updates, such as:
- The Instagram Ads native integration, which allows you to access your data without going through Facebook Ads;
- And, merged email PDF attachments, so you can skip the exporting step once and for all.
Comment » | Product Updates, Uncategorized
May 12th, 2016 — 9:50am
As explained in a previous post, not all metrics are created equal. The most worthwhile metrics are those that you can act upon, those that serve a specific purpose in the analyzation and optimization of your digital strategy.
All KPIs are metrics, but not all metrics are KPIs
Actionable performance metrics, when tracked and properly scrutinized, are your business’s key performance indicators (KPIs). KPIs can be either monetary or non-monetary – however, their purpose is to measure your progress in relation to clearly defined objectives. As such, before determining what your KPIs should be, your first order of business is to determine your objectives – KPIs are useless with nothing to measure up against. As Avinash Kaushik (of Occam’s Razor by Avinash Kaushik) so eloquently states: “If you don’t actually know what you’re trying to achieve, it’s also hard to measure success.”
When you have determined your business’s most pressing objectives and the subsequent KPIs to measure, it’s important to keep three particular things in mind no matter which KPI you’re looking at:
- Single-session analyses will only take you so far: be sure to look at results over several sessions (pan-session analyses), since not all – in fact, not most – conversions will occur on a first visit.
- Source attribution will become possible thanks to pan-session analyses: by knowing which point of initial contact brought your visitors to your page in the first place (regardless of how they came to your site when they finally converted), it becomes easier to accurately measure marketing success.
- Segmentation is important to know precisely who is visiting and who is converting – knowing your ideal audience will enable you to create targeted content.
To sum up, you need to remember that your KPIs are dependant on the behaviour of individuals over time. It is important to know the entire picture of the behavioural process involved in the relationship between the user and your company. You don’t need single snapshots, you need the entire movie.
Comment » | Key Performance Indicators (KPI), KPIs vs metrics, Marketing, reporting, Uncategorized, Web analytics
December 10th, 2015 — 12:31pm
It’s almost the end of 2015! I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you, your team and loved ones happy holidays.
Thank you for your continued business with DashThis and we look forward to working with you in 2016!
When will the new version of DashThis be launched in 2016?
We are thrilled to announce that we’ll (finally) release our long-awaited new version of DashThis in 2016. We know: we’ve been promising this new version to some of you for quite some time and we realize we may have announced this version a bit too early. We were confident (and excited!) at the time; however, we have realized that we needed more time to develop a new version that will truly meet your expectations.
Continue reading »
15 comments » | The company, Uncategorized