Brightcove is all about videos. They offer a cloud-based platform to host and distribute your video content, as well as monetize it. You want to compare your Brightcove data to numbers from your other platforms, such as Facebook or Google Analytics? Search no more! DashThis is your new favourite dashboard creator! You just have to connect your Brightcove account into DashThis, and you can create an awesome Brightcove dashboard!
There are three parts to complete in order to connect DashThis to the Brightcove API.
- 1 – Connect your account
1 – Connect your account
1.1 – Get the Client ID and the Client Secret
In order to connect your Brightcove account to DashThis, you first need to get your Client ID and your Client Secret. These two pieces of information must be requested through your Brightcove account. Here’s how to proceed.
– Login to Video Cloud Studio
– Open the Admin menu, located at the top right side of your screen.
– Select API Authentication
– You then land on a page displaying your current credentials. Click on Register New Application, located on the right-hand side of the screen.
– The following dialog appears:
- • 1 – Write the name of the application, in this case, it’s DashThis
- • 2 – You can add a short description of the application, but it’s optional.
- • 3 – Select one or more accounts. DashThis will only have access to the data attached to the account(s) you choose. If you want all your accounts, click on the symbol ». If you want to choose them manually, select them and click on the symbol >.
- • 4 – Check the box Read under the section Analytics and the box Video Read under the section CMS. These are the minimal requirements for the Analytics API, you can add more if you want to.
- • 5 – Click on Save
– Another dialog appears with a Client ID and a Client secret. The client secret will not be displayed again, so be sure you store it in your documents.
Now that you have these two pieces of information, you can add Brightcove into your DashThis account!
1.2 – Add the integration
– In the Integration Manager of DashThis, choose the integration Brightcove, and click on Add.
– A window containing 3 fields appears on the right-hand side of the screen.
– In the Description box, write the name you want to give to your source. This is how your source will be called in our system. Enter the Client ID and the Client Secret you got from Brightcove in their respective boxes.
– Click on Add.
Brightcove is now connected to your DashThis account!
1.3 – Add the data sources
One more step is necessary; you need to add the data sources to your DashThis account.
– In the Integration manager, find Brightcove in the column located on the right-hand side of the screen. Click on the pencil icon next to your account name.
– Two boxes appear at the right-hand side of the screen: Give your source a name and Provider Key.
Give your source a name: It can be anything you want. This name will be how your client will be designated in our tool.
Provider Key: This is the Account number you find in your Brightcove account.
Here is how you can find it:
– In your Brightcove account, there is an account selector in the very top right corner of the screen, in green. Select the desired account.
– Open the Admin menu.
– Choose the option Account Information.
– On the next page, you’ll find the Account number!
– Enter this Account number in your DashThis account, click on Add client, and you’re good to go!
2 – KPIs, metrics, and dimensions
The following KPIs are available from the Preset Widgets drop-down menu:
- • Lifecycle
- • Top display domains
- • Top videos
These are the available metrics and dimensions:
- • Abandon rate
- • Impression count
- • Play rate
- • Play rate reversed
- • Video views
- • % in/out domain
- • Date
- • Display domain
- • Lifecycle – On published date
- • Video title
If you have a Brightcove account, it’s now time to add this source to your dashboards!
Still don’t have an account at DashThis? Try our tool for free!