As you might have noticed as a DashThis user, there is currently an issue with the Facebook Insights integration. Basically, Facebook Insight’s API isn’t able to fetch any new data at the moment.
How this might affect your dashboards and reports:
- – You aren’t able to connect any new Facebook Insights account authorizations in your integration manager.
- – Any NEW Facebook Insights widgets you create will return data with a value of 0 (zero). This includes both current periods as well as already completed past periods.
- – For existing Facebook Insights widgets, there are 3 possibilities:
- If your widget concerns an already completed past period (the entire month of June, for example), your data will be fine. DashThis stores this data on our end, so we don’t need to call Facebook’s API to get it.
- If your widget concerns an already completed past period and you refresh the widget, your data will return a value of 0 (zero). This is due to the fact that when you refresh a widget, our system calls Facebook’s API and overrides whatever past data we might have saved.
- If your widget concerns a not-yet-completed current period (the entire month of July, for example), your widget will return a value of 0 (zero). This is because our system calls Facebook’s API to get the most up-to-date data.
Facebook’s team of developers is currently trying to work on a solution to fix this problem. Our developers are standing by and keeping in contact with them.
We sincerely appreciate your patience regarding these issues, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will let all our users know as soon as the issue has been fixed and everything has been returned to normal.
If you’d like more details, please don’t hesitate to reach out to either your account manager, or to our entire team at firstname.lastname@example.org.