Editing at the widget level has been a long-awaited feature for most of our clients. It is now possible to create a widget and modify its related data, be it metrics, dimensions, segments, or filters!
While it isn’t possible to switch to a different source (for example, to go from Google Analytics to Facebook Ads), it is nonetheless possible to modify things inside a given source.
- To do this, first, go into your dashboard’s Edit mode.
- Then, click on “Edit widget”
- The new options that are available in the “Advanced Options” section are:
- Change the metric, dimension, segment, and/or filter
- Click on Save and Continue
The widget will then refresh itself. Voilà, you’re done!
Note: this will re-create the widget, with the new configuration. As such, any pre-existing formatting will be lost in the process, and the widget will position itself to the first valid position (i.e. the “hole” in the dashboard). The title will also stay the same by default, so don’t forget to modify it if you want to!
For more details, watch our short video on how to edit your widgets: