SEMrush is an amazing digital marketing tool, useful for tracking plenty of metrics within the realms of SEO, PPC, and more. Thanks to its integration in DashThis, you can incorporate your SEMrush data into your dashboards easily thanks to our PPC reporting tool!
Note: In order to have access to their API, you need to have a Business Plan with SEMrush. In addition, SEMrush requires you to have API units available in order to call their API; you will be charged API units anytime DashThis fetches your SEMrush data.** Even if you don’t have access to the SEMrush API at the moment, you can still incorporate SEMrush data to your dashboards using our CSV file manager – if you need help with it, let us know!
There are three parts to complete in order to connect DashThis to the SEMrush API.
1 – Connect your account
1.1 – Get your API Key
In order to connect your SEMrush account to DashThis, you first need to get your API Key. This will be found directly in your SEMrush account. Here’s how to proceed.
– Login to your SEMrush account.
– Go to the API Units page.
Now you can connect SEMrush into your DashThis account!
1.2 – Add the integration
– In the Integration Manager of DashThis, choose the integration SEMrush, and click on Add.
– A window containing 2 fields appears on the right-hand side of the screen.
– In the Friendly name box, write the name you want to give to your source. This is how your source will be called in our system. Enter the API key you got from SEMrush in the other box.
– Click on Add.
2 – KPIs, metrics, and dimensions
The following KPIs (along with their API unit consumption rates) are available from the Preset Widgets drop-down menu:
- • # of Organic Keywords in Top 10 (< 100 units)
- • # of Organic Keywords in Top 100 (< 100 units)
- • # of Organic Keywords in Top 20 (< 100 units)
- • # of Organic Keywords in Top 3 (< 100 units)
- • # of Organic Keywords Tracked (< 100 units)
- • AdWords Visibility (1 300 units)
- • Organic Positions in the Google Top 10 (19 000 units)
- • Organic Positions in the Google Top 20 (20 000 units)
- • Organic Positions in the Google Top 3 (4 400 units)
- • Organic Visibility (1 300 units)
- • Top Postions Changes (10 000 units)
Note: A single keyword query will also cost 100 units.
These are the available metrics and dimensions:
- • AdWords CPC
- • AdWords Visibility
- • Number of AdWords Keywords
- • Number of Organic Keywords
- • Organic Position
- • Organic Visibility
- • Organic Volume
- • Position Change
Note: Since the “Position Change” metric shows, by definition, the fluctuations of “Organic Position”, fluctuations will not be shown in either of these metrics; in order to see “Organic Position” fluctuations, please simply use the “Position Change” metric instead. In addition, totals are only available for the “Number of AdWords Keywords” and “Number of Organic Keywords” metrics.
- • Domain (incl. competitors’)
- • Keyword
- • Landing Page
- • Keywords
- • Landing Pages
- • Tag
- • Top Positions
- • Volume
If you have a SEMrush account, it’s now time to add this source to your dashboard!
Still don’t have an account at DashThis? Try our tool for free!
** The consumption of API units will occur:
- 1) when you create a new dashboard with the SEMRush integration;
- 2) when you create or edit a SEMRush widget;
- 3) when you clone an existing dashboard with a SEMrush source;
- 4) when you open a dashboard (either in Edit or View mode) with SEMRush data. This will only be charged once a day though, and you can view a dashboard multiple times a day without additional costs;
- 5) when you edit an existing dashboard’s sources to add a SEMrush source.