Well, it all starts with the click type. An Adwords ad can have different click types, as shown in their API documentation:
- UNKNOWN / unknown
- LOCATION_EXPANSION / Get location details
- MOBILE_CALL_TRACKING / Mobile phone calls
- CALL_TRACKING / Manually dialed phone calls
- BREADCRUMBS / Breadcrumbs
- OFFER_PRINTS / Print offer
- GET_DIRECTIONS / Driving direction
- PRODUCT_LISTING_AD_CLICKS / Offer
- SITELINKS / Sitelink
- PRODUCT_EXTENSION_CLICKS / Product plusbox offer
- OTHER / Other
- CALLS / Phone calls
- URL_CLICKS / Headline
As you can see, you have mobile phone calls, manually dialed phone calls and phone calls.
Now, to get conversions, you’d only have to create a widget using a custom widget. Then, you select the conversion you need, i.e. one per click or many per click.
Finally, you filter by click type and select Phone calls.