Well, it all starts with the click type. An Adwords ad can have different click types, as shown in their API documentation:
- UNKNOWN / unknown
- LOCATION_EXPANSION / Get location details
- MOBILE_CALL_TRACKING / Mobile phone calls
- CALL_TRACKING / Manually dialed phone calls
- BREADCRUMBS / Breadcrumbs
- OFFER_PRINTS / Print offer
- GET_DIRECTIONS / Driving direction
- PRODUCT_LISTING_AD_CLICKS / Offer
- SITELINKS / Sitelink
- PRODUCT_EXTENSION_CLICKS / Product plusbox offer
- OTHER / Other
- CALLS / Phone calls
- URL_CLICKS / Headline
As you can see, you have mobile phone calls, manually dialed phone calls and phone calls.
Now, to get conversions, you’d only have to create a widget using a custom widget. Then, you select the conversion you need, i.e. one per click or many per click.
Finally, you filter by click type and select Phone calls.
That’s it! You get a nice widget to display conversions from Adwords call tracking.