What are the different traffic sources?
The web traffic sources metric measures which traffic sources are driving visitors to your website. There are a few types of traffic, such as direct, referral, organic, paid, email, and social media. Google Analytics also has an "other" channel.
- Direct traffic: Visitors that visit your site by typing your website directly into their browser
- Referral traffic: Visitors that visit your website from another website
- Organic Search traffic: Visitors that click on your website by searching a keyword in a search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.)
- Paid search traffic: Visitors that visit your website through a dedicated marketing campaign like Google Adwords or click on a link with tracking parameters (UTM or tracking code).
- Email traffic: Visitors that visit your website by clicking on an email marketing campaigns
- Social traffic: Visitors that visit your website from social media sites